CarComplaints.com Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Sep 202016

CR-V

My Honda CR-V 2015 power suddenly turns off, car stalls, red oil light comes, car is still in reverse gear as I was backing out of garage. It had moved about 8 feet. After a moment or two engine light comes on. There is absolutely no power. To restart car I shift to park and proceed. All systems restart and no problem lights turn on. After three occurrences over about two months. I took car to Honda service 08/22/2016. They noted they checked "car stops when going in reverse" and could nor get it to fail. They stated they made a system update "16-053 per bulletin pgm-fi sofware." They did not acknowledge any other safety recalls matching my problem. On 09/18/2016 I experienced the same problem. It was Sunday and ray laks, Honda was closed. I spent time looking up recalls and found your letter nvs-215sm to Honda dealers dated 03/9/2015 which denotes the same problem I had - "loss of engine power while in motion." It would appear to be similar problem. Perhaps ray laks, Honda dealer, 3590 southwestern blvd., orchard park, NY 14127, 716-824-6300 did not double check my car for that update.

- Hamburg, NY, USA

Jun 102015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving approximately 55 to 60 mph, the rpms surged and there was a disconnect with the transmission that caused the front wheels to seize. The failure recurred. The dealer and manufacturer were notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- 3707 Wills Point, TX, USA

Aug 232016

CR-V

My car vibrates horribly at rest while in gear at a stop light, shakes so bad I have to put it in neutral. Something rattles under my tail gate, I had it looked at, they said its a partial recall that hasn't been fixed yet. When I back up and put it in drive, my transmission gargles and my car shakes before it goes. It constantly shakes on the highway, ive had it realigned and tires balanced twice in 3 months. This car is awful.

- Throop, PA, USA

Aug 092016

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle lunged forward while attempting to pull into a parking space. The failure resulted in unintended movement of approximately eight feet and crashed into a building, which shattered the glass door. The vehicle was towed to a collision shop. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The failure mileage was 14,221. Updated 10/18/16 updated 11/17/16

- North Baldwin, NY, USA

Jun 072016

CR-V

I went alone to kohls on Arizona ave. I was almost ready to park and almost at a standstill and ready to put the car in park. I remember putting my foot on the break and it seemed stuck and a few seconds later I recall a surge of acceleration and the car would not stop even as I attempted desperately to put my foot on the brake to stop the car. The surge of energy seemed to pull-steer my car to the right and it hit a parked car that was 3 spots to the right as there were no cars in the empty parking spots next to this car. My car almost went sideways and hit the car's front passenger side tire area and damaged it pretty badly. I was not able to control the car during this accident. I am concerned that this was a malfunction of the brake or some other operating system. I reviewed with my insurance claims agent re: My concerns re: A malfunction of the car breaks or some other system; they took care of the claim but didn┐T provide any guidance re: How to pursue my concerns re; malfunction: I called american Honda company on June 13th and filed a complaint re; the accident to inform my concerns re: A malfunction that I feel caused this accident. I was given a case # 04758407 and told that I would be assigned a case manager who will call me within 24hrs. I was called by steven 310/783-2863 on 6/14 and let me know he was my case manager. In spite of many call to set up an apt to have my car evaluated, I have not yet received a call back to coordinate a time to get my car evaluated to see if there was any malfunction during this accident and explain to me how this could have happened w/O a malfunction as the accident is quite bizarre. I googled to see if Honda CR-V 2015S have had any break malfunctions┐I saw a report that had several incidents almost identical to mine in a parking lot or near parked position.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

May 302016

CR-V

When this keyless entry vehicle is stationary, engine can be turned off and driver can exit without shifting to park. The vehicle will sound an alarm and display "shift to park" on one of it's screens. However, this does not prevent the vehicle from moving on any form of incline. We have almost lost the car three times in people's driveways with this problem. Yes, the preferred solution is to apply the emergency brake before exiting but that is not a real-world solution for flat-landers (this solution is only used on steep inclines). Our previous ignition key car would not let us remove the ignition key until the transmission was placed in park. This deficiency could easily result in an out-of-control runaway car.

- Afton, WY, USA

Mar 152016

CR-V

Vehicle stopped and idling while in gear, vibration felt throughout the cabin. To the point where it is immediately observable, distracting, and could possibly give me a headache on longer stop-and-go trips. Contacted Honda Consumer Affairs and they had dealer perform the applicable fixes but issue remains. Dealer claims they can't feel the vibration, however, they aren't in the car as long as I am (or are trying to cover the problem). Honda claims they can do nothing else but they will inform me of any fixes in the future. Also mentioned that I should report this issue elsewhere as they can no longer help me at this time. Per their suggestion, I'm reporting this here.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Sep 022015

CR-V

This only happened once. Going down short moderate hill on highway and all of a sudden the vehicle seemed to drop into a lower gear; as if, it had a standard transmission (has automatic). Then seemed to be in limbo for very short time, resumed as normal and have not had another incident. Very strange for a new vehicle.

- Steubenville, OH, USA

May 192015

CR-V

Strong engine vibrations: Purchased vehicle May 2015 and after I drove the vehicle a few days a strong vibration was felt from the engine while stopped and in drive. Vibration is also felt while in park. Honda has acknowledge the defect on web site but refuses to alert the customers via wide alert. Honda issued a bulletin for a three mode "fix" that did not fix the problem. Two different Honda dealers have tried the procures provided in the bulletin with no avail. I repeatedly take it back to the Honda dealer but now they will not open a service ticket stating " we've done all we can do" had I known of this problem I would have not purchased. What am I to do now with this vehicle that I can't even trade in because other dealers know about this issue with the 2015 Honda CRV.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 122015

CR-V

Honda CR-V 2015 vibration. Last year I purchased a 2015 Honda CR-V and as with most other owners, it has a bad vibration issue while at a stop in drive mode with foot on the brakes. I also vibrates at low speeds between 40 -50 mph and around 70 mph. I has been in the shop 4 times but still vibrates while stopped in the drive mode (in gear with foot on brake). I have filed a complaint with Honda Corp and they said even with the 4 suggested repairs which has already been preformed on my car by the local Honda service center, this will not stop the vibration issue and that Honda has no other known fix to stop the vibration issue and that they will not replace the car. The local Honda service center verbally acknowledges the vibration issue but refused to put it on the service report that there is still a vibration issue. I see all the post from other owners with the same issue. This a distraction and I consider it a safety issue as one, time while I was setting at a red light, it started vibrating and while I was distracted by the seat and car vibrating, the truck behind me blew his loud horn and I almost ran the red light that had changed while I was distracted. I know there was a class action law suit but I do not know the status of it. They had to know about the problem prior to sending the 2015 Honda CR-V to the dealers, but nobody informed the buyers of this issue.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jan 202016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while the vehicle was in the garage, the contact shifted into the drive position and the vehicle rolled backwards without warning. The vehicle crashed into the mailbox. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 7,500.

- Woodlands, TX, USA

Apr 012015

CR-V

When at a stop and in idle the car vibrates as if there is not enough RPM's to keep it running properly. Also vibrates when driving slowly or at a lower RPM. Waiting for a recall as Honda has admitted that there is something wrong with the car due to the transmission and engine combination.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Dec 172015

CR-V

Vibrating when stop running and RPM rises when going down on a hill even whe push the brakes rises to 2500 RPM brakes or tires sound like grinding when coming to a stop

- Monroe, NC, USA

Jan 102015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving at both low and high speeds, the vehicle shook and vibrated abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than three times, but they were not able to provide a permanent remedy for the condition. The dealer test drove the vehicle and indicated that the failure was associated with the newly designed engine and transmission/power train. The contact stated that the condition continued to progress with no solution to repair the vehicle. The contact was nauseous frequently when the vehicle vibrated and shook. The manufacturer provided no permanent remedy. The failure mileage was not available.

- Riverdale, MD, USA

Jan 062016

CR-V

On three seperate occasions a warning light in the midi window an error message comes up: "some driver systems cannot operate"

- Mineola, NY, USA

Feb 162016

CR-V

Engine loses power, gears dont shift in timely manner, wouldnt go in reverse, while car is in motion and in traffic.

- Hurdle Mills, NC, USA

Jan 072016

CR-V

When car is on idle with drive gear, the car gets vibrate and it gets worse when air condition is turn on. After the repair of service bulletin 15-046, the issue is vibrating and it gets worse when turn ac on. The first service was on 1/7/16 with 136 milages and the second service was on 1/19/16 with 678 milages with no resolution. When I drive to work, the vibration and shaking cause my body get nauseated and headaches.

- Sachse, TX, USA

Dec 112015

CR-V

Intermittent vibration while at idle or 2200 RPM while driving. Taken to dealership for resolution 3-4 times but the problem persists. Was advised by dealership where vehicle was bought to seek help from another dealership. Manufacturer software upgrade did not address the issue, we were even advised the software update decrease fuel efficiency by 20%. brand new car running like a worn-out vehicle. Honda says it is not a safety issue, firmly disagree, eventually consistent vibrations will cause parts to loosen. Do we have to wait for accidents to happen before Honda and the government to address this issue" when will consumer safety protection come first before profits and reputation" it is plain disgraceful...

- Marysville, WA, USA

Jan 062016

CR-V

Bought a Honda CRV-LX 2015 two months ago only to have a vibration problem after three weeks. Hondas fix was to put new head rest with shorter post and bushings under radiator, rear tail gate, transmission and engine so as to mask vibration problem. After doing this the steering became hard not like it was when we first got the vehicle, the steering goes from very easy to almost manual I consider this a safety problem. Unfortunately Honda of America will not acknowledge that it was a design flaw and the car should not be sold. It vibrated at a stop very bad then it feels like you have studded snow tires on at 40 to 50 miles an hour which they claim is a software fix there is a class action law suit in California against Honda for these problems.

- Newburgh, NY, USA

Apr 282015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving 25 mph, the vehicle vibrated severely. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was not determined. The contact mentioned that the vehicle's software was updated, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150.

- Grants Pass, OR, USA