CarComplaints.com Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 012016

CR-V

Lost my power steering because Honda wraps the electronic power steering wiring harness in soy based material which attracts rodents to chew. As I've seen and heard seems to be a common problem. Honda wouldn't cover the cost or issue recall. Not even under the vehicle warranty. Fortunately I wasn't driving at the time I lost my steering or the situation could have been a lot worse for me or someone else if it caused an accident because I lost my steering. Definitely a safety issue that I think needs to be a recall because it's such a common problem

- Greeley, CO, USA

Aug 292016

CR-V

This car has been an absolute nightmare. I literally cannot keep it running. Honda now uses soy based wiring which attracts rodents. I have several other cars in the driveway plus farm equipment. Mowers, lawn mowers etc. The rodents target specifically the Honda. Had to have the power steering sub harness replaced twice last fall and windshield washer tank, at 3020 miles, 4434 miles, 5045 miles. First two repairs were sub harness. It now is in the shop again for loss of power steering due to rodent damage at 16660 miles, loss of power steering sub harness. I had a Honda CR-V 04 before this one and it did not get rodent damage. This is directly related to Honda's soy based wiring..... they will not honor any customer satisfaction at all concerning this issue. The dealer where I bought the car all but laughed in my face. The dealer now doing the repairs has been very respectful although Honda will take no responsibility for this problem. I am concerned about this also as safety issue...... three times now my power steering has gone out. Luckily I was still in my yard and was able to park the car safely and have it towed. I have not tried to drive it once the steering goes out... very difficult to turn the vehicle and I would think very dangerous at highway speeds.... car was in reverse and motion when power steering loss occurred.....

- Ft. Bidwell, CA, USA

Jun 222016

CR-V

I used my 2015 Honda CR-V AWD touring to tow a trailer with two scooters loaded. The touring trim has the lane keeping assist system (lkas) which uses a camera to read the road markings and will bump the steering wheel if the driver is getting too close to the center or sides of the road. I was driving on the interstate at the speed limit on a day with clear weather. With lkas on, when the trailer would hit a bump the CRV would over-correct the steering back and forth causing the trailer to sway and making it difficult to get under control. At 70 mph, it was dangerous. I had to keep the lkas turned off to keep the vehicle safe. With lkas off, the trailer pulled great and never swayed. It surprised me the driving experience would be vastly different with the lkas safety feature activated. The owner's manual has no warnings about using the lkas while towing in either the lkas section or the towing section. The closest applicable warning is if the car is overloaded the camera may not be able to see the road markings. My trailer is in good working order. It was well balanced side to side and front to back. It was not overloading the hitch. The vehicle was riding level. The trailer and bikes weigh about 1,100 lbs. The vehicle is rated to tow 1,500 lbs. I had previously towed a small utility trailer with similar results. If the trailer or how it was loaded was to blame, I would have expected to experience control issues whether the lkas was on or off. I only experienced issues when lkas was on. I have contacted american Honda and opened case #04800645.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Nov 012015

CR-V

Virbration. Steering pulls left.the car has serious vibration at idle, @600 RPM, 1200 RPM, 1800 RPM and 2200+ RPM. This vibration transmits through seat, steering column, floor and pedals. Back pain is induced within just a few miles of driving. Feet get pins and needles and go numb as well as hands and arms fatigue quickly. Driving is limited in range as a result. Dealer attempted 4 repairs including reprogramming, remounting radiator and modifying engine. Vibration was dampened in the seat only at lower rpms. Mpg decreased from 33 mpg to 28 mpg. Car pulls strongly to the left. Having one hand on the wheel (e.g. reaching for a.C.) is not sufficient to keep it in a straight line. This has caused many near misses on two lane roads and now I just don't adjust a.C. unless I have to (foggy window etc.) I take I95 and this causes problems on ramps. I was told this was all related to the cv transmission, and it takes getting used to, but I had Nissan with cv transmissions. For years. I have repair documentation but am unable to upload it at this time. Please contact me if you need them. I returned the car to the dealership immediately upon discovering the problem (within 48 hours of purchase) and they took no action or attempted repair until I had contacted them repeatedly.

- Spotsylvania, VA, USA

Jan 202016

CR-V

Unresolved problems with the vehicle's steering, eps: 1. the car pulls left under acceleration and at speed. 2. the car does not maintain center/neutral position or track straight down the road without excessive intervention. 3. the car intermittently needs unexpected intervention through turns as the steering is not direct or does not reflect input from the driver. 4. the car intermittently requires more input/force to turn the wheel to one side vs. Another. This and there is an ongoing issue with the vibration at idle even though tsb 15-046 was applied but did not fix vehicle vibration.

- Apex, NC, USA

Jan 202016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while attempting to accelerate, the steering wheel veered to the left independently. In addition, when making a left or right turn, the vehicle would turn to the opposite direction that the steering wheel was being turned. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the cause of the failure was undetermined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 11,793.

- Apex, NC, USA

Jan 062016

CR-V

Bought a Honda CRV-LX 2015 two months ago only to have a vibration problem after three weeks. Hondas fix was to put new head rest with shorter post and bushings under radiator, rear tail gate, transmission and engine so as to mask vibration problem. After doing this the steering became hard not like it was when we first got the vehicle, the steering goes from very easy to almost manual I consider this a safety problem. Unfortunately Honda of America will not acknowledge that it was a design flaw and the car should not be sold. It vibrated at a stop very bad then it feels like you have studded snow tires on at 40 to 50 miles an hour which they claim is a software fix there is a class action law suit in California against Honda for these problems.

- Newburgh, NY, USA

Oct 062015

CR-V

Vehicle purchased in Feb 2015. Honda CRV - ex. Current miles - 11K purchased dealer - ocean Honda, new port richey, fl servicing dealer - hendrick Honda, bradenton, fl there was a ratcheting noise coming from the steering wheel every time I turn the wheel. This happened constantly during driving & making turns. Hendrick Honda in bradenton fl, tested it on 10/6/15 and mentioned that there is a steering wheel sensor that is causing this noise and needs to be replaced. They replaced it, but my steering wheel controls failed. I took it back in the next day on 10/7/15 and they fixed the steering wheel controls. The ratcheting noise came back a few days later and this time the dealership mentioned that they didn't dive deeper last time and the problem is with the steering wheel column. They had the vehicle for a couple of days and replaced the steering wheel column on 10/26/15. The noise went away, but another problem surfaced on 11/14/15. This time it was the airbag indicator light that constantly remain lit. The owners manual said that it is very important to get this checked out immediately. So, my car is back at the dealership on 11/16. Even the service advisors are stumped and say that this is unusual for a brand new 2015 Honda with 11K miles to have issues like this. I contacted american Honda today and have filed a formal complaint stating that the issues arising are threatening my safety as a driver of this vehicle and Honda sold me a car with serious manufacturing defects. They are investigating.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Oct 212015

CR-V

I bought a brand new 2015 Honda CR-V ex fwd a month ago. When the vehicle was little over 600 miles, I started feeling a severe vibration intermittently at idle in drive mode when I stop at stop signs. The frequency and severity increased now when it is about 1000 miles. Just to check its severity I placed an empty plastic bag on the passenger seat and I could here the noise made by the bag due to vibration. It was as if like massaging on my back and back of head. When I reported it to service department, they checked and told me that its a know issue with all 2015 models and no fix has been identified. I called american Honda also as per their suggestion and they also acknowledged this issue but said no fix is available. I'm wondering if there is any body that actually regulates auto makers to not sell vehicles having issues. If there is a know issue like this how can they keep selling the vehicles with issues and how does Honda sales people don't know about this issue" its almost end of 2015 and when are they going to develop a fix"

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Oct 012015

CR-V

The sensor to correct the steering engages and disengages when it feels like it. The dealer is acting as if it is working properly even though their tech and salesman were in the car with me when it happened. When I had my 2007, I had a problem with the volume button changing the radio station and they said the same thing. I lived with it for 8 years and just found out it was a problem.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 282015

CR-V

I bought 2015 Honda CR-V ex just 4 week ago, it has a huge vibration that you can feel and see inside the vehicle especially when its stop and in idle mode or drive shift. Vibration can feel in the seating, steering wheel, side doors, brake and gas pedals, shift knob and even the back passager seat. I bought this car for my family to enjoy their daily rides but their not, and keep asking me why has it. Psychologically and emotionally my driving concentration are always affected, and that is unsafe for our everyday driving and to anyone who has this issue. I always feel sick every times I get out of this car, I feel my hand like I use a jack hammer after a while. Dealer's service dept. Confirmed to me that there are three issues that cause the vibration and there is no fix yet about the issue. I love Honda eversince, it my favorite brand. I hope they can do something to fix it fast before any can get hurt..

- National City, CA, USA

Aug 312015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving approximately 40 mph and accelerating, the vehicle vibrated and caused the vehicle to shake. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was driven to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician stated that the vehicle needed a software update. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Sep 162015

CR-V

Car was pulling into a parking spot at a local dept store parking lot. The can was put in park. Then an attempt was made to turn off vehicle. The engine excelerated and starting to push the vehicle opposite our vehicle out its parking spot, my wife tried stopping the vehicle by braking that did not work or did pushing the ignition button. She then turned the car to the right in driving lane toward the store, brakes, horn, or power steering did not work, she was able the turn the vehicle away from store to next turning lane. Engine still racing, grinding sounds can what seemed to be the transmission. The car went another 300ft. Jerk and finally shut down. Vehicle was towed away. The collision shop started it and drove to a spot til the repairs were to be made. I only have a partial police report from town of amherst police rjamq94shd49. The police also did an deployment inspection of the computer, which showed nothing, since the impact to the other vechicle was less than 10mph. The insurance company is leaving this up to me the consumer to go after Honda to get them to take a further look at the other commputers.I dont have the fullpolice report or the results of the deployment report. I hope to have info soon.

- Tonawanda, NY, USA

Jan 052015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving approximately 70 mph, the steering wheel shook and vibrated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who determined that the tires needed to be balance and performed all necessary adjustments. The failure recurred several times and the vehicle was taken back to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure and notified the manufacturer. The manufacture disclosed to the dealer that the failure was a direct result of a design error, with no known remedy. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 11,800.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 112015

CR-V

I bought a Honda CRV 2015 ex-L. after driving it for one day experienced serious vibrations in driver and passenger seat while driving and even more intense when idling. I noticed an annoying vibration upon smooth acceleration, between 1000 and 1500 RPM. I had not noticed this problem on the demo I test drove, I feel that I pay 30000 dollar for vibratig chair.

- Lowell, MA, USA

Jun 202015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while stopped at a red light, the front end of the vehicle vibrated without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 300. Updated 09/02/15

- Westlake, OH, USA

May 042015

CR-V

2015 Honda CR-V vibrates at idle while in gear just like everybody else's. I have also noticed extremely loud engine noise for a new car while at idle in gear or in park as well. Noise and vibration begun at about 141 miles.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Feb 092015

CR-V

Vehicle vibrates during mild acceleration in the 2000rpm area. Steering wheel visibly shakes. Have taken car to dealer and spoken to american Honda. At first, they said there is no fix for the issue yet. Now they seem to have shifted their response to "this is a normal characteristic". if I had been told this before I bought the vehicle, I obviously would not have bought it. This is an unacceptable problem for a $32000 car. I can imagine the depreciation from this will be substantial. I asked american Honda for my money back and was told they would not do that because it is not a safety issue and doesn't affect the operation of the vehicle.

- Clayton, NC, USA

May 122015

CR-V

My 2015 CRV has a consistent shudder and vibration that can be felt through the steering wheel and seat while driving. It is most noticeable at 1000 RPM's and 2000 RPM's. this vibration is very distracting and causes fatigue during longer trips. Also severe vibrations at the idle, around 600 RPM's when stopped at stop lights or in traffic. The vibration makes the car extremely uncomfortable to drive for the driver as well as the passenger.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Nov 052014

CR-V 4-cyl

Shortly after I bought my 2015 CRV touring I noticed severe shaking while idling. I contacted the dealership and was told that it was a normal occurrence for a 4 cylinder vehicle and since I had traded in a V8 I was just not used to it. I took his word for it and have unfortunately become accustom to it but in the last month it has gotten much worse. Now it is shaking violently enough to where if you were driving instead of idling you may lose control of the vehicle. This has also not been my only safety issue with this vehicle. My other complaint is that on certain road types the car is extremely unstable. The first time I experienced this issue I actually pulled over and called my husband to let him know what was going on. I immediately took it into the dealership and was told that it was happening because the tires were new and were grabbing the lines in the road and that it shouldn't last long. Well, here it is five months and 4000 miles later and it's actually getting worse! the car veers to the right and to the left uncontrollably. My husband was driving when there was ice on the road and it actually pulled us and made us temporarily slide on the ice due to it jerking and he almost lost control. This is the least safe I've felt in any car that I've ever owned. I fear for my family's safety every time we ride in it and I am extremely disappointed in how Honda has handled the complaints.

- Greeley, CO, USA