- August 15: Mazda Recalls CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6 Over Takata Airbags recalls | 8 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- July 24: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7 and CX-9 to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- June 29: Mazda Recalls Mazda3 and Mazda6 Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 55 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 66 days ago
2009 Mazda CX-7
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine & A/C defects as the two previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure, turbo failure, & the A/C compressor clutch seizing. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering turbocharger oil leaks & excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
Worst 2009 CX-7 engine Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda CX-7 Model Years
Curious how the 2009 CX-7 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda CX-7 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CX-7.