- August 15: Mazda Recalls CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6 Over Takata Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
- July 24: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7 and CX-9 to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 25 days ago
- June 29: Mazda Recalls Mazda3 and Mazda6 Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 50 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 61 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine & A/C defects as the two previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure, turbo failure, & the A/C compressor clutch seizing. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering turbocharger oil leaks & excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
1.1hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 156,330 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: