- August 12: Daimler Recalls Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Over Takata Airbags recalls | 10 days ago
- August 3: Smart Fortwo Cars Recalled Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 19 days ago
- June 13: Sprinter 2500 and 3500 Vans Recalled recalls | 70 days ago
- May 29: Attorneys Receive $52 Million From Bosch Emissions Settlement news | 85 days ago
- May 29: Mercedes-Benz Recalls Vehicles With Smoking Brakes recalls | 85 days ago
2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mercedes-Benz service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mercedes-Benz customer service.
2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 EXTERIOR LIGHTING NHTSA Campaign #15V137000
Summary: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. (MBUSA) is recalling certain model year 2015 CLS 400 and CLS 400 4matic, 2012-2015 CLS 550 and CLS 550 4matic, 2012-2013 CLS 63, 2014 CLS 63, and 2014-2015 CLS 63P. The affected vehicles have LED tail lights that may not light on the sides, reducing the rear side visibility of the vehicle. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
Consequence: Reduced rear side marker illumination may prevent other drivers from seeing the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will update the lighting controller software, free of charge. The recall began April 6, 2015. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2015030005. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V137000 »