2001 Nissan Pathfinder accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Pathfinder:

2001 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 152005

Bosse 6 cd changer shows error2 on display and dose not play any music.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jun 052006

Cd player on '01 Nissan Pathfinder quit working, err 2 message and whirring and clicking sounds.

- Batavia, IL, USA

May 052007

Clarion 6 disc cd changer are defective, error 2.

- Sharon Hill, PA, USA

Apr 152007

I own a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE that is configured with a bose/clarion 6 cd changer unit. The unit failed in 2007 giving an err 2 message. I had the unit removed by empire Nissan lakewood, co who sent it to be repaired twice to a service contractor. Both times the unit was returned reinstalled and failed again. This is a defective product. An internet search revealed many other consumers reporting the exact same err 2 problems with their audio systems.

- Conifer , CO, USA

Sep 012007

I purchased a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder from a family member. The bose 6 cd changer comes up with an error message err2. I'm being told that this is a common problem with the vehicle: That Nissan knows about but won't acknowledge. I'm trying to make you aware of this. Is there any recourse with Nissan?

- South Farmingdale, NY, USA

Aug 062008

I purchased an 2001 Nissan Pathfinder in 2003 and the bose radio w/ 6 cd clarion player. "err 2" coded 3-months after I purchased it. I had an extended warranty, it was replaced with a refurbished system of the same. It is 8/08 and the system is broken again, and not covered. What are the chances that this vehicle could go through 2 radios in only 63,000 miles?? ridiculous!!! Nissan will not stand by the cheap parts used by clarion in the radio (as researched on the net). I also have an ECM problem, Nissan says it needs to be upgraded, but will not pay for it. My check engine light comes on coding there is a problem with the catalytic converter. They told me nothing is wrong with the converter, just an error with the software in the ECM. So now I won't know if the "check engine" light is on for some thing serious or it is just the converter wrongly coding.

- National Park, NJ, USA

Jul 012007

The bose 6 disc changer is also giving me as well as hundreds of others the dreaded 'err 2' error and will not eject or play discs.

- Austin, TX, USA

May 202007

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Factory cd changer for 2001 Pathfinder le becomes jammed, will not play cds or eject them, shows an error code of err2. After doing research on the internet, I found out that the unit is manufactured by clarion and that many owners of the same vehicle have had the same problem. If Nissan know about that problem why don't recall it?

- Tampa, FL, USA

Feb 132008

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

6 cd changer cd player never works, I have tried to call Nissan as I found 100 of similar complaints but no response. The cd system is by bose. One of the top cd makers in the world. Dealers will charge 2000 to fix it, is it really worth fixing it for 2K I would rather install of the mkt one, however it shows poor customer service and quality.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Dec 242007

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

My 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 6 disc cd changer went out on me the other day with the dreaded "err2" message. This is clearly a defect that the manufacturer is not taking care of. Something must me done.

- Cambridge, MA, USA

Jun 051995

My Nissan Pathfinder cd changer keeps failing with a error message.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Oct 112006

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder that has the 6 disc bose cd change, I have contacted the original dealer of the vehicle as well as Nissan and clarion, the manufacture of the cd player and have received multiple snow jobs. All I am looking for is the defective player to either be fixed or replaced with a new unit, I know that I am not the only one out there after researching said player on the internet. I found out that several hundred if not thousand people have the same issue.

- La Crosse, WI, USA

Jul 152007

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

Nissan Pathfinder 2001 le - 6 disc bose/clarion cd changer does not work even after attempts to repair. Dealer will attempt to replace as a courtesy, not covered by warranty, but service manager and internet users both stad this was a known problem with Nissan.

- Canton, MA, USA

Jun 122007

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

Clarion/ bose stereo err2 on cd player, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder cd player does not work & houses cd's internal. Cd's will not eject. Safety concern as people try to free cd's may get electrical shock..manufacturer will not recall item.

- Simsbury , CT, USA

Jan 212007

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

Second time bose 6 cd changer has failed since purchase of my certified pre-owned 2001 Nissan Pathfinder in April 2004. Same err2 message - grinding of cd's - no play, no eject. Already spent $250 getting fixed about 18 months ago - now same problem recurring.

- Derry, NH, USA

Jun 012005

This complaint is in regards to my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. The 6-cd in-dash changer does not work. It makes a clicking sound when you try to play a cd and displays "err2" on the screen. After researching this problem on the internet, I found that hundreds of other Nissan owners have this exact problem. The cd changer is rendered useless once this happens.

- Perkasie, PA, USA

Nov 012006

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

My name is ajai kodali and I am a owner of 2001 Nissan Pathfinder that just hit 78K miles. The factory installed 6 disc changer doesn't seem to be working. It takes cds and makes noises as it shuffles the cds but it won't read/play any of my cds. It just give me an error "err2". can you please help me in this issue. There are lot of folks out there who are having the same problem. Please see the below link:

- Northville, MI, USA

Aug 202006

- West Islip, NY, USA

Oct 192006

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

Subject vehicle is 2001 Nissan Pathfinder le 3.5. err 2 diplayed on stereo/ cd player. Six (6) cd's in unit cannot be ejected.

- Turnersville, NJ, USA

May 182006

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

I own 2001 Nissan Pathfinder and the clarion bose 6 cd player keeps braking down. This is the third failure and Nissan nor clarion are willing to fix. Moreover I was shocked to find out that hundreds of other users across discussion forums are complaining about the same problem. Clarion made a crap of cd player so they should stay behind their product. Thank you!

- Chicago, IL, USA