- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 4: Nissan Recalls SUVs With Wheels That Could Fall Off
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems343NHTSA complaints: 136
- fuel system problems30NHTSA complaints: 263
- body / paint problems19NHTSA complaints: 15
- exhaust system problems15NHTSA complaints: 7
- cooling system problems11NHTSA complaints: 86
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 259
- AC / heater problems8
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 50
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 293
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- lights problems1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.