- August 14: Nissan Recalls 2016 Maxima To Fix Fuel Sending Units
- August 3: Nissan LEAF Battery Lawsuit Gives a Charge to Owners
- August 2: Nissan Recalls Cars With Bad Door Latches
- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems396NHTSA complaints: 139
- fuel system problems38NHTSA complaints: 269
- body / paint problems29NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems23NHTSA complaints: 311
- exhaust system problems21NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems12
- cooling system problems10NHTSA complaints: 90
- drivetrain problems7NHTSA complaints: 360
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 53
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 26
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.