- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 15 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 63 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 84 days ago
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems421NHTSA complaints: 139
- fuel system problems38NHTSA complaints: 269
- body / paint problems29NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 311
- exhaust system problems22NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems13
- cooling system problems12NHTSA complaints: 90
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 53
- drivetrain problems7NHTSA complaints: 360
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 26
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.