- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
- August 30: Nissan Recalls Frontier and NV For Seat Belt Problems
- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems353NHTSA complaints: 136
- interior accessories problems31NHTSA complaints: 9
- body / paint problems25NHTSA complaints: 15
- exhaust system problems15NHTSA complaints: 7
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 259
- AC / heater problems11
- cooling system problems8NHTSA complaints: 86
- electrical problems8NHTSA complaints: 50
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 293
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 263
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 23
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.