- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 57 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 67 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 76 days ago
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems464NHTSA complaints: 139
- fuel system problems39NHTSA complaints: 276
- engine problems33NHTSA complaints: 341
- body / paint problems32NHTSA complaints: 15
- exhaust system problems23NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems17
- cooling system problems13NHTSA complaints: 94
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 57
- drivetrain problems8NHTSA complaints: 425
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 31
- steering problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.