- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 11 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 12 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 21 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 38 days ago
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems459NHTSA complaints: 139
- fuel system problems39NHTSA complaints: 276
- body / paint problems30NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems30NHTSA complaints: 341
- exhaust system problems23NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems16
- cooling system problems13NHTSA complaints: 94
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 57
- drivetrain problems8NHTSA complaints: 425
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 31
- steering problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.