- May 31: Nissan Versa Lawsuit Alleges Coil Springs Break In Front Suspension
- May 30: Canada, Japan and Australia Impacted By Takata Airbags
- May 18: Nissan Master Cylinder Investigation Closed With No Action
- May 18: Feds Look Into Coil Springs That Break in the Nissan Versa
- May 5: Nissan Altima Rusted Floorboards Get Attention in Lawsuit
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems389NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems37NHTSA complaints: 36
- body / paint problems28NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems22NHTSA complaints: 10
- exhaust system problems18NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems11
- cooling system problems10
- drivetrain problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 5
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.