- December 17: Nissan Agrees To Settle Delta Stroke Sensor Brake Defect Lawsuit
- December 11: Nissan Recalls Over 800,000 Cars, Minivans and SUVs
- November 28: NHTSA Closes Bosch Power Xpress 240V Investigation
- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems359NHTSA complaints: 139
- fuel system problems33NHTSA complaints: 267
- body / paint problems26NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems16NHTSA complaints: 288
- exhaust system problems15NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems11
- cooling system problems8NHTSA complaints: 88
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 334
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 9
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 53
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 20
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.