- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
- January 20: Nissan Rogue Investigated For Airbags That Deploy Too Late
- January 17: Nissan Agrees to Repair Nissan Quest Gas Gauge Problems
- January 15: Nissan Pathfinder Transmission Lawsuit Gets in Gear
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems366NHTSA complaints: 139
- fuel system problems34NHTSA complaints: 267
- body / paint problems27NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems17NHTSA complaints: 288
- exhaust system problems15NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems11
- cooling system problems9NHTSA complaints: 88
- drivetrain problems6NHTSA complaints: 334
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 53
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 20
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.