- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
- March 6: Nissan Recalls 625,000 Altimas With Hoods That Could Fly Open
- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems371NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems35NHTSA complaints: 36
- body / paint problems27NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems18NHTSA complaints: 10
- exhaust system problems18NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems11
- cooling system problems9
- drivetrain problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.