- April 16: Nissan Sentra Airbag Explodes, Nissan Expands Airbag Recall
- April 14: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Filed in New York
- April 9: Nissan Rogue Recalled To Fix Fuel Pump Failures
- April 8: Nissan Versa Investigation: Driver Gets Foot Stuck on Gas Pedal
- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Our data for the 2008 Pathfinder doesn't show a pattern of transmission failures yet, but we expect it to soon.
In earlier model years, a defect in the radiator allows engine coolant to leak into the transmission. To our knowledge, the same radiator defect exists in 2005-2010 Pathfinders.
Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.
Worst 2008 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems25NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems5
- fuel system problems5
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.