- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
- October 23: Mazda and Nissan Recall Vehicles With Exploding Air Bags
- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Our data for the 2008 Pathfinder doesn't show a pattern of transmission failures yet, but we expect it to soon.
In earlier model years, a defect in the radiator allows engine coolant to leak into the transmission. To our knowledge, the same radiator defect exists in 2005-2010 Pathfinders.
Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.
Worst 2008 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems18NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems3
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 30
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 27
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.