- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
- September 3: Nissan Recalls 300,000 Cars to Modify Console Plastic Trim
- September 3: Nissan Seeks Dismissal of Nissan Altima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit
- August 14: Nissan Recalls 2016 Maxima To Fix Fuel Sending Units
- August 3: Nissan LEAF Battery Lawsuit Gives a Charge to Owners
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Our data for the 2008 Pathfinder doesn't show a pattern of transmission failures yet, but we expect it to soon.
In earlier model years, a defect in the radiator allows engine coolant to leak into the transmission. To our knowledge, the same radiator defect exists in 2005-2010 Pathfinders.
Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.
Worst 2008 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems36NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems5
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 35
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 51
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 58
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.