- April 20: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder For Leaking Transmission Fluid
- April 20: Bosch Power Xpress 240V Charger Under Investigation
- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Our data for the 2008 Pathfinder doesn't show a pattern of transmission failures yet, but we expect it to soon.
In earlier model years, a defect in the radiator allows engine coolant to leak into the transmission. To our knowledge, the same radiator defect exists in 2005-2010 Pathfinders.
Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.
Worst 2008 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems3
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 22
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 22
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 3
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.