- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 14 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 15 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 24 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 41 days ago
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While there are fewer "radiator leaked into transmission" complaints for the 2008 model year, they are starting to pile up. Buyer beware.
Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.
Worst 2008 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems71NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 55
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems5
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 21
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 68
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 101
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.