- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 5 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 11 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 14 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 59 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 62 days ago
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While there are fewer "radiator leaked into transmission" complaints for the 2008 model year, they are starting to pile up. Buyer beware.
Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.
Worst 2008 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems59NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 47
- AC / heater problems5
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 65
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 15
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 86
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.