1.4

2001 Nissan Pathfinder body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Pathfinder:

2001 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Oct 282015

Pathfinder

The body and frame and suspension rusted from what I read online Pathfinders are known to rust away from the frame and etc. My car has been well taken care of with original paint and its rusting everywhere.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 012015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. While the vehicle was undergoing routine repairs, the contact was informed by the mechanic that the structural integrity of the vehicle was compromised due to excessive corrosion. The contact was informed that the vehicle was unsafe and was unable to be repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 112,000. The VIN was not available.

- Westlake, OH, USA

Jul 112015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the window pulsated on the front windshield due to corrosion on the firewall. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that the firewall was corroded and perforated. The vehicle was not repaired. The dealer also discovered that the vehicle had severe corrosion and stated that the vehicle was unsafe to drive. The issue would need to be further escalated through Nissan. Once Nissan was contacted, the dealer was instructed to put an anti-corrosive spray on the strut housing and place a bracket on the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 138,000.

- New Bedford, MA, USA

Dec 202013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

My car body structure was broken into two pieces, and it is not operable. The passenger front side strut tower on my 2001 Pathfinder was completely rusted through. The strut tower was disconnected from the body due to the rust. When the tower finally let go, the steering was affected causing issues steering the vehicle. The problem was not only on the passenger side. There is a significant amount of rust on the driver side under carriage of the vehicle as well as the rest of the frame body structure. It caused also damage to the suspension components. Before my car got broken, I heard a noise from its right side and I was driving it on the highway, for a second I lost the ability to steel my car, but I kept it steady until I could get the next exit. I could have suffered a fatal accident that day. There is a recall for frame/body structure corrosion for this model 2001 Pathfinder registered in New Jersey. As soon I was aware about it, I called to Nissan Consumer Affairs to explain my situation. One of the Nissan repress. Advised me to take my car to the dealership in avenel NJ. My car was not drivable, so I called to the towing truck to pick and drop it off to the dealership on Dec 26, 2013. Since then, I have not had a response from Nissan to help me with my situation. Each time I spoke to a representative, they said that my case is still in process, and I need to wait for a decision. I can not believe it, I have been in a dangerous situation driven my car in that matter. I need a car to go to work for my livelihood and also to take my children to their school. I cannot afford to pay for a car rental. And after all of these, Nissan does not have any sense of cooperation. I requested them to help me with a provisional car to keep my life style on, but they denied it. I need help from the government NHTSA to make Nissan take care about this recall.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Jan 132014

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that upon inspection, it was found that the frame was perforated due to rust. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic who confirmed the failure and stated that the vehicle should not be driven. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 125,000.

- Telprance, MI, USA

Jan 242006

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Strut housing and structure rusting, crack in housing and mount.

- Kingston, NY, USA

Mar 202011

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

The driverside strut tower has become unattached from the frame. There is no rust marks anywhere in this section. The strut tower wore away at the steering wheel shaft and broke it. I lost all ability to steer the car and was forced to jump a curb.

- Marlborough, CT, USA

Apr 012010

Pathfinder

The driver side strut tower on my 2001 Pathfinder completely rusted through. The strut tower was disconnected from the body due to the rust. When the tower finally let go, the steering was affected causing issues steering the vehicle. The problem was only on the driver side. There is a significant amount of rust on the driver side under carriage of the vehicle, whereas the passenger side is not as bad. The disconnection of the tower caused damage to the front end suspension components.

- West Caldwell, NJ, USA

Feb 162011

Pathfinder

Strut tower seperated from unibody at weld on both sides of drivers side wheel well, clean shear at weld seam like a delamination of poor weld.

- Brewster, NY, USA

Dec 282010

Pathfinder 4WD 6-cyl

Our Nissan Pathfinder 2001 had a noise in the left front end. We asked our mechanic to take a look at the front end. What he found, and confirmed by 3 other independent shops, was the unibody front end on the driver's side has rotted out. The car has been well maintained and we have had no other problems before this failure. The cost for repair ranges from $3,000 to $5,000 and these are only estimates. Updated IVOQ 05/24/11

- Upper Black Eddy, PA, USA