2002 Nissan Pathfinder fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Pathfinder:

2002 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Jun 132014

Pathfinder V6

took foot off the gas pedal, car wouldn't slow down

t was exiting the freeway and after removing my foot from the accelerator I noticed the vehicle was not slowing down. I pressed on the brakes and was able to slow the car, luckily the light ahead was green so I went through and was able to go up the approaching hill without pressing the accelerator. I had to press the brakes as hard as possible to come to a stop where the RPM's registered 4000. After turning the vehicle off I started it again and the engine raced so I shut it down. Will have to tow it to a mechanic. This is very dangerous.

- , Pleasant Grove, UT, USA