2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2004 Nissan Pathfinder transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Pathfinder:

2004 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Aug 252015

Pathfinder

I bought my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder in February. Was super excited to have an SUV that fit my family and I. Then about a month ago it started shifting hard into 2nd gear and it started leaking transmission fluid. A week later it started shifting harder into 2nd gear and I lost all my higher gears. The check engine light came on and the code came up as a sensor. I fixed that issue and I had the filter in the transmission replaced pan and in the process got the leak fixed. It ran fine for ONE WHOLE DAY. then the issues went back to the same thing. Now I see my only option is to replace the transmission entirely. I work for a towing service and the do semi repairs. Most of my guys know passenger vehicles and they all said the same thing about pathfinders having transmission issues! Seriously as much as I love my Pathfinder I can't even drive it in town without worrying if it will make it to my daughter's school. I have looked for possible recalls because I've seen a lot of complaints on transmissions :-/

- , Wellington, KS, USA

Mar 292015

Pathfinder SE 4WD 4.0L V6

The gears have been slipping for a little while, when they do, taking it out of overdrive helps. Apparently Nissan Pathfinders are famous for the head gasket leaking engine coolant and oil together.

- , Bergen, NY, USA