- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 2 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 56 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 66 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 75 days ago
Frequent Catalytic Converter Failure
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,486 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace catalytic converter (18 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
exhaust system problem