- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 8 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 12 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 19 days ago
- May 4: Nissan Recalls Rogue For Lift Gates That Won't Stay Open recalls | 20 days ago
- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 24 days ago
Frequent Catalytic Converter Failure
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,124 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 20 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace catalytic converter (17 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
exhaust system problem