- November 26: Nissan Titan Diesel XD Trucks Recalled For Fuel Pressure Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- November 6: Infiniti Q50S Brake Pad Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 32 days ago
- November 2: Investigation Closed Into Nissan Rogue Airbag Problems investigations | 34 days ago
- October 31: Nissan 370Z Clutch Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
Frequent Catalytic Converter Failure
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,486 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace catalytic converter (18 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
exhaust system problem