- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 4 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 52 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 55 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 68 days ago
Frequent Catalytic Converter Failure
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,486 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace catalytic converter (18 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
exhaust system problem