CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.

1.9

2006 Nissan Pathfinder fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan Pathfinder:

2006 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Nov 012016

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the fuel gauge displayed that the vehicle had approximately one quarter of fuel in the tank; however, the fuel tank was empty. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel level sender needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was informed that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Sumter, SC, USA

May 142016

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that after the vehicle was started, the fuel gauge displayed incorrectly. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel gauge sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 114,200.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 022016

Pathfinder

I have had the coolant problem fixed. Then I have had to replace all the U-joints. I have had to buy new gas caps to get my check engine light to go off. Now there is a terrible leak and a noise that is so bad. I took it into a local shop and it is the timing chain. This car has been nothing but problems and now it is so bad that I can't sell it because no one wants it and I am now so upside down in my loan because the value is going down so much that I can't trade it in.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Jan 012016

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving approximately 60 mph, the fuel gauge indicated that the tank was empty. The contact stated that he had just filled up the fuel tank. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel gauge sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was approximately 50,000.

- North Ridge, CA, USA

Mar 082012

Pathfinder

Took our vehicle to be serviced in 2012 to find out our vehicle was affected by the intermix the radiator cracked and leaked into the transmission they gave us an estimated cost of over $10,000 stated it was no good and to trade it in asap said we shouldnt drive it that it was dangerous so we parke dit. I was devistated we did everything in our power made reports called everyone possible nothing! tried to sue however I fell ill (cancer) and couldn't keep our hearing apt here in sacramento ca. Its still parked in our garage.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Dec 032015

Pathfinder

Service engine soon light came on with error code P0463. Found there is a recall for year 2006 and 2007 fuel level sensor. I have not run out of gas or had any issues except the service engine soon light is on will not pass inspection in our state with this warring light lit. Is my Pathfinder covered under the recall? vehicle is operational at this time.

- Belchertown, MA, USA

Dec 012015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 50 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated. In addition, the fuel gauge failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the fuel level sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Flemington, NJ, USA

Aug 242015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the check engine light illuminated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The dealer was able to confirm if the vehicle needed the repair. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Antioch, CA, USA

Aug 142015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact mentioned that the fuel gauge displayed that there was one quarter of fuel in the vehicle, however, the fuel tank was empty. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact mentioned on another occasion that after the vehicle was refueled, the fuel gauge displayed that the fuel tank was empty. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where it was diagnosed that the fuel sensor unit needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Burke, VA, USA

Aug 032015

Pathfinder

I took my Pathfinder in to the local Nissan dealer for a check up--chugging at 35mph, check engine light sporadically goes on and off, gas gauge stopped functioning. Nissan ran the diagnostics and told me the check engine light is because I need to pay $500 to replace the fuel sensor. I believe this is a part that was previously recalled. I don't know if Nissan considers the fix once and done but vehicles driven in salt and sand winter conditions will need extra attention. The transmission trouble is something Nissan knows about but refuses to recall. I was told I needed to replace the radiator and transmission--over $5000. If Nissan knows about these problems, why must I, a now unhappy owner, pay for these repairs?

- St. Louis Park, MN, USA

Aug 032015

Pathfinder

Fuel gauge stop half way and does not move and sometime does not work.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 262015

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. While starting the vehicle, the engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the fuel gauge sensor failed. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 126,000.

- Woodstock, VA, USA

Jun 112015

Pathfinder

While researching a transmission issue on my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder, my husband came across recall #10V075000 for the fuel level sensor for 2006 Pathfinders. After all the transmission/radiator repairs were completed (another issue that Nissan was well aware of but has not remedied) my check engine light came on and I took it to an auto parts store to have the code read. They put it on a code reader and told me it was the fuel level sensor. I contacted my local Nissan dealership to bring my car in to have the repair done. I was told that the recall was not associated with my VIN and that the repair would have to be paid for out of my pocket. I then contacted Nissan North America where I was told to take my car into a Nissan dealership: 1) ask for a diagnostic code on the part 2) get the name of the service advisor and dealership 3) get an estimated cost of repair/replacement and I was given a case number. I made an appointment and had all of those things accomplished. I then called back and gave Nissan all the required information and was told they would call me back with a decision. 2 days later someone from Consumer Affairs called me back and told me that Nissan would not pay for the repair since my VIN is not associated with the recall. I asked to speak with that person's supervisor and was told that "supervisors did not have customer contact"..so much for customer service!! I tried to explain that my car is showing all of the signs and symptoms that go along with this problem including; my check engine light coming on, the computer showing the code for the issue, my digital gas gauge not reading correctly, my regular gas gauge not going below tank, and almost running out of gas with my children in the car with me.. I have been forced to rely on my odometer to indicate when I should refill my gas tank.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jan 012014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Fuel gauge no longer works properly. When it gets to 1/4 tank of gas it will drop to empty. No idea how much gas is left in the tank at this point making it hazardous to drive. Once filled, the fuel gauge will not give an accurate fuel level for at least the first 50 miles. Check engine light stays on all the time.

- Burke , VA, USA

Apr 132015

Pathfinder

Nissan stalled while at stop sign and again at gas station. Left us stranded again. Have had the ECM replaced three times, fuel pump three times, all to find this problem. Nissan recalled ECM and that has been replaced three times once under recall. The recall does not solve the problem.

- Max Meadows, VA, USA

Dec 102014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Getting ready to go out to shop got in the car started it up and the fuel gauge read empty and the yellow light came on. Thinking it was out of gas went to the gas station to fill it up and it was already full since then the light has remained on and the gauge still reads empty. Also the trip data will not show it just has a straight line that runs across. As of then have not driven it due to the safety of not knowing how much gas is in the car.

- Erie, PA, USA

Mar 302011

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that the fuel gauge failed to accurately measure the fuel levels in the reserve tank. As a result, the vehicle ran out of fuel when the fuel gauge indicated there was gasoline in the fuel tank. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not associated with NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Mar 172015

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Car shut down on dart train tracks, transmission failed to work, radiator had oil and leaked into transmission.

- Garland, TX, USA

Jun 012014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the service engine light illuminated. The failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician found code P0463. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 10V075000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,000....updated 03-11-15 updated 10/8/2015

- Ports Smith, VA, USA

Feb 182015

Pathfinder

At 81,000 miles a faulty fuel sending unit started to cause the fuel gauge to show the incorrect fuel level when the tank was full. This is just after expiration of Nissan's extended warranty to 72 months/72,000 miles for this known fuel sending unit issue. Although this is a known safety issue, a recall was never issued to just fix the defective part as a proactive measure. Rather you just have to hope it will fail before the arbitrary warranty period expires which I was not lucky enough to happen.

- Roy, UT, USA