CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.

2007 Nissan Pathfinder seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder:

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Jun 302016

Pathfinder

My wife was in a head on crash, a man turned left in front of her she hit him. The wreak was head on for her truck and side impact for him. Thank god she was wearing her seat belt because no air bags were deployed. The speed limit in that area is 45 mph. How does a head on crash at 45 mph not deploy on the driver side? we bought the car used from an independent dealer in dallas tx in 2010.

- Coppell, TX, USA

Jul 042016

Pathfinder

Tamara inflators, fuel gauge registers empty when tank is filled and will not detect the correct amount of fuel until half of the tank is empty. This happens every time the tank is filled.

- Hiswassee, GA, USA

Dec 292014

Pathfinder

Takata recall my air bag lights continue to blink and do not go off brought in to dealer to get it check. The dealer states its not the sensor its its a circuit spiral cable decline. Nissan refuses to put my vehicle in the call back. I think its part of the takata air bag design and should be added to the call back.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Feb 162016

Pathfinder

"takata recall" out of the clear blue I was driving my 2007 Pathfinder and the airbag light came on, I took it to the dealership immediately that day and it passed per service manager louis castillo at baker jackson Nissan in houston Texas, 2 days later the light came back on and once again I went to the dealer ship and was told that the sensors and other parts needed to be replaced the cost is $1500. I called Nissan Corp and they are refusing to taking responsibility even though they stated all 2007 Pathfinders in other states would be given a 10 year warranty. My truck was also affected with the radiator flulid mixing with the transmission fluid, during the years of 2010-2012 I constantly took my truck to baker jackson Nissan and the service manager then larry just topped off my truck himself and never made a record of it. He kept assuring me that he was saving me money. My transmission failed but because of the mileage in 2012 Nissan was able to deny fixing my transmission via the class action lawsuit. I ended up spending $4800 for a new transmission. In 2010 Nissan convinced me to replace my train for $1600, I never knew it was a recall until today. Another caveat to this mess is that baker jackson changed their computer system and has no record of me replacing my train. I have a bank statement to prove it if necessary.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Dec 212015

Pathfinder

1) about 2 years ago the cruse control stopped working. Have not repaired this problem. 2) in July 2015 the air bag warning light on the instrument panel started flashing. Have not repaired this problem. 3) on Dec 21, 2005 after pulling out of my drive way the transmission would not advance to the next higher gear. Stopped and put it into reverse but the SUV would not go backwards. Slowly drove it around the block back home. Transmission shop reported that coolant leaked into the PCM compartment causing this problem. Repairs have been made, cost was 3645 us dollars.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Feb 072015

Pathfinder

My airbag warning light continue to blink, got it check by a Nissan dealer, they inform me its a airbag cable and I feel its a defect in the air bar. The dealer want me to pay the cost. Please inform

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 202015

Pathfinder

Noticed the red airbag warning light flashing. Took vehicle to local mechanic and they informed me of a recall notice on the front crash zone sensor and advised me to contact my dealership. I'm wondering how to proceed with repair/replacement.

- Martinsburg, WV, USA

Aug 022012

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving 50 mph, the vehicle shook violently. The contact released the accelerator pedal and had to accelerate again very slowly. The failure occurred multiple times. In addition, the air bag warning indicator was constantly illuminated. An independent mechanic stated that there was cross contamination with transmission fluid leaking into the radiator and coolant entering the transmission. As a result, the transmission failed. The radiator was replaced and flushed; however, the failure persisted and the radiator had to be continuously flushed of transmission fluid. Additionally, the contact asked the dealer if the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 08V690000 (air bags), but the dealer stated that the recall was nonexistent. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- East Rockway, NY, USA

Feb 012013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Air bag light sensor came on and keeps flashing. Just started the car and the sensor light kept flashing. Took to Nissan for oil change and told them airbag sensor light keeps flashing. They advised me that it was going to cost $800 to fix and the airbag would not deploy until it was repaired.

- Champaign, IL, USA

Oct 112012

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving approximately 35 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated while the front passenger seat was occupied. In addition, the failure would recur whenever the front passenger seat was unoccupied. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who advised the contact that the malfunction was contributed to the faulty occupancy detection sensor. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- Shaker Heights, OH, USA

Sep 012012

Pathfinder

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that while sitting at a traffic stop, the vehicle was crashed into on the driver's side and the air bag failed to deploy. The contact's vehicle was then struck by a second vehicle from the front. The air bags never deployed. As a result of the crash, the fuel pump began to leak. The police were notified and provided the contact with a police report. The contact was injured transported to the hospital for treatment of a head trauma. The vehicle was destroyed at the crash scene. The failure and current mileage was 28,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 242007

Pathfinder 6-cyl

The contact leased a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving 70 mph, the contact heard a loud pop near the front passenger side of the vehicle. She then smelled something burning and the passenger side air bags deployed. The contact pulled to the side of the road and inspected the vehicle. There was no damage to the vehicle and she had not struck anything. She noticed that the air bag light was illuminated on the instrument panel and it has remained on since the incident. Nissan informed her to bring the vehicle to the dealer. The powertrain was unknown. The current mileage was 9,300 and failure mileage was 9,200. *updated 12/12/2007 updated 12/12/07.updated 03/04/08. Updated

- Dessert Hot Springs, CA, USA