Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.

2007 Nissan Pathfinder steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Pathfinder:

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Jun 132015

The dealer I work for had checked my vehicle since it has been leaking pink fluid from my engine turns out they found on my 20007 Nissan Pathfinder a coolant in transmission meaning there is an internal transmission cross contamination cooler failure. Bottom line they told me I needed a new transmission and fixed me hoses for the power steering fluid costing me over $5300 with a huge dealership. I just bought this vehicle in February 16, 2015 from a private dealer and now I am stuck with a huge bill to fix something that should have been made a aware of nationally. This vehicle's carfax is awesome and no engine issues which I made it my business to make sure everything is okay with this vehicle. Please take care of this...why do I have suffer being without a car again as a single mother of three this is not right.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 302013

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact was driving approximately 10 mph when the front passenger's side wheel separated from the vehicle, causing the vehicle to skid off the roadway. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for inspection and repair. The contact was advised that the tie rod failed because of corrosion. The vehicle was repaired and sold. The manufacturer was not notified of the incident. The failure mileage was 96,736.

- Jupiter , FL, USA

Dec 122012

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Left motel at 7am, vehicle seemed to have trouble shifting, high RPM..pulled over to check..would not start..towed to dealership. The consumer stated the radiator failed. Updated IVOQ 01/14/13

- Maricopa, AZ, USA

Oct 182011

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Going overbridge overpass started shaking violently starting at 40 mph causing me to swerve into next lane Nissan claims its trans problem from radiator bypass and that its not a safety issue!!!!!!

- Katy, TX, USA

Oct 202011

Pathfinder 6-cyl

On October 20th of 2011 I was driving on the right lane of tonelle ave, North bergen, NJ as I decide to pass a bus in front of me I was probably doing 25 mph and peak the speed to 35 mph as I passed the bus, the steering wheel became hard to maneuver almost pulling me against the traffic, thankfully I was able to maneuver and get back in track otherwise I would crash against the traffic, currently I have 88000 miles on my car, as of today the steering wheel still hard to maneuver, and I don't know if Nissan would be able to repair this issue at no cost.

- North Bergen, NJ, USA