Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: While there are fewer "radiator leaked into transmission" complaints for the 2008 model year, they are starting to pile up. Buyer beware.

Nissan has extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles. However the average mileage for transmission failure for earlier model years is 95,000 miles, which conveniently (for Nissan) is just past the limit of their extended warranty. Owners beware.

2008 Nissan Pathfinder brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Pathfinder:

2008 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Feb 132016

The contact owns a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder. While driving 50 mph, the vehicle stalled. In addition, the fuel gauge displayed an incorrect reading. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that a fuel sensor float arm needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, a couple of months after the repairs while driving 60 mph, the brake warning light illuminated. The brake pedal was depressed and an abnormal noise emitted from the brake pedal as it depressed all the way to the floor, but failed to function. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that there was an intermittent brake failure and that the delta stroke sensor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who confirmed the failure and replaced the delta stroke sensor. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and stated that an extended warranty campaign for the fuel system failure was available, but the vehicle exceeded the acceptable mileage. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Phillipsburg, NJ, USA

Sep 012016

On Sept 1, 2016, I was driving my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder on my daily commute to work 32 highway miles noticed the red brake light come on in the vehicle. I was surprised as my front & rear brakes were done in May 2016. On a 2 lane highway in the fast lane I decided to take my foot off the accelerator and tap the brakes to see if it would make the light go away. Much to my surprise the pedal went to the floor, I had no brakes! with a tractor trailer beside me, a car in front of me as well as behind me, after all it was rush hour traffic. I panicked! I thought this was it! not knowing what to do, I took my foot off the gas, put on my hazards and prayed, as the car began to slow down, I was tried to move into the right lane without accelerating. I was forced then to accelerate again to be able to switch lane and it was after doing so, I was able to get to what was a half of shoulder and ride down it until I was going slow enough I through it in park. Thinking back I should have used the emergency brake. Stranded on half of a shoulder for 45 minutes before the police showed up was terrifying. I thought for sure one of the tractor trailers was going to hit me. I was so close to the guardrail I could not exit my car. A tow truck took my disabled vehicle to my garage, only to find out that my brakes worked perfectly fine. No light was able to stop on a dime. I was not imagining they failed, they did not work! my mechanic, the owner of Warren brake and tire for 40 years, what he was about to find out he has never heard. The computer gave a code of C1179 delta stroke sensor signal failure. When this happens it will cause intermittent brake failure. I consider myself lucky to be alive and I want action done not only to fix my vehicle but to look at all Nissan to prevent such an occurrence from happening again.

- Phillipsburg, NJ, USA

Sep 022014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

My brakes lights do not work. I have replaced all the bulbs and they are still is not working. There is a forum on the web regarding this same issue.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA