CarComplaints.com Notes: There are no warning signs of the same "radiator leaked and killed my transmission" complaints that have plagued previous model years.

For earlier Pathfinder model years (2005-2008), a defect in the radiator allows engine coolant to leak into the transmission. However this defect doesn't appear to affect Pathfinders from 2009 & later. Nissan did include the 2009-2010 models when they extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles in response to the transmission defect.

1.6

2009 Nissan Pathfinder drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Nissan Pathfinder:

2009 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Feb 212014

Pathfinder 6-cyl

The defect in the radiator caused the antifreeze and oil to mix. It then mixed with the transmission fluid. That was fixed by a repair shop. Now the transmission has slipped out because of the mixture of the three fluids.

- Bridgeton, NJ, USA

Nov 152013

Pathfinder 6-cyl

Was on my way home and truck lights came on transmission started jumping and all lights came on... parked car would not crank the next day, ,, called and had towed. Was told by Nissan that transmission and radiator was not any good and it would cost me $4800 to fix... no one offered to help.. I was told that I could contact Nissan so I did, was told by Nissan that it was to bad that I was past the extention of the warenty of the truck. And they could not help at all.... and hung up. It cost me $3800 to repair my car.. I feel ripped off, and will most likley never buy another Nissan again even though I have owned 3.

- Adamsville, AL, USA