CarComplaints.com Notes: There are no warning signs of the same "radiator leaked and killed my transmission" complaints that have plagued previous model years.

For earlier Pathfinder model years (2005-2008), a defect in the radiator allows engine coolant to leak into the transmission. However this defect doesn't appear to affect Pathfinders from 2009 & later. Nissan did include the 2010 model when they extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles in response to the transmission defect.

2010 Nissan Pathfinder drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan Pathfinder:

2010 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments

Dec 142012

Pathfinder 6-cyl

No incident has occurred to date. However, I also do not like gambling with my family and their lives. Our 2010 Nissan Pathfinder is the primary vehicle for my family. The reported issues with failing radiator and transmission must be addressed to prevent loss of life. Nissan recognizes the issue and the best they could do to date is to issue an extended warranty coverage. That is not good enough. Please step in and enforce a safety recall on those vehicles. Prevention is called for in this instance. I have discussed this with Nissan corporate and logged a case number with them.

- Beaver, PA, USA