2015 Nissan Pathfinder seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Pathfinder:

2015 Nissan Pathfinder Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 012015

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. The contact stated that while an adult passenger was seated in the front passenger seat, the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the air bag sensor was reset however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The contact stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V138000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure mileage was 5,000.

- East Greenwich, RI, USA

Jan 252016

Have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder where the "airbag is off" passenger light keeps coming one when an adult passenger weighing more than 150 lbs is properly seated wearing the seatbelt properly. This has happened several times (10+ times). I have had it to the Nissan dealer twice with the most recent date being February 2, 2016 for this issue. Nissan dealer runs tests but is unable to find issue. Filed complaint with Nissan on February 4th and was told that they talked to the dealer and there is no problem. I have it on video where I am sitting properly in the passenger seat with seatbelt properly on with the car being driven down the expressway at approximately 65 mph and the "airbag is off" light is on. It is now a safety issue because I would hate to get in an accident with anyone sitting in the passenger seat.

- Louisville, OH, USA

Jan 152016

Passenger air bag light (which indicates air bag is off and will not deploy) remains on (>50% of the time) when there is an adult seated in the passenger seat. Took vehicle into the Nissan fox dealership (grand rapids, mi) this morning for service. Before assessing, they told me they probably won't find anything and that I should rely on my seat belt in case of an accident. This first occurred about 2 months ago.

- Ada, MI, USA

Oct 042015

The passenger side airbag light remains illuminated when a adult is sitting in the seat with their seatbelt on. I brought it into the service center at Nissan and they told me the computer says nothing is wrong so there is nothing they can do! I have numerous videos of the seat occupied and the light on!

- Carmel, NY, USA

Oct 132015

Purchased a 2015 Pathfinder sl in May 2015 to replace the 2014 Pathfinder sl we had. The dealer returned the 2014 for us for the same issue we're experiencing with the 2015. In late June the passenger seat air bag would not engage for several minutes if someone was sitting in the seat before the car would start. Our resolution was to wait to sit in the seat until the car was started. This worked until the end of July when the air bag would disengage with a passenger in the seat while the car was in motion. We brought it to the dealer who found a code, cleared it and was told it was in good working condition. The problem persisted with many videos to show the issue. Brought it back to the dealer in August. Dealer could not recreate the issue but because we had videos, understood there was a real issue and performed a "zero point OCS reprogram" and service tech hoped it would "do the trick". it didn't and the problem escalated. Brought it back to the dealer in September and car is still there. Dealership again could not "recreate" the issue and wanted to give us the car back. We refused because it's a safety issue. Dealer finally agreed to get Nissan involved. Still waiting to hear back. We also called Nissan and opened a case file and waiting to hear back from Nissan too.

- Langhorne, PA, USA

Oct 132015

Purchased in May 2015. Within a month of ownership, airbag light on passenger side would not engage intermittently if passenger was seated in car before started. I just had the passenger wait until car was started to sit. In July the airbag light began to illuminate while driving intermittently with passenger in seat. Serviced it at the dealership in the beginning of August and they said they found a code and cleared it. Problem should be resolved. It happened again several times. Serviced it at the dealer again in July. Mechanic performed a zero point OCS reprogram. Again I was told the problem should be resolved. Problem continued. Checked it in for service in October. Dealer trying to say the person in the seat is too light. It's happened to adults that weigh over 150 and many times to my daughter who weighs at least 110. This shouldn't be a problem anyway since the service tech told me the minimum weight is 70 pounds for the front passenger seat. Dealer wants to give us the car back. We refused because it's not safe. Waiting to hear back from the dealer. This same dealership took back our 2014 Nissan Pathfinder because of this issue too! I have many videos of the problem.

- Langhorne, PA, USA

Aug 172015

We were driving the Pathfinder and the passenger airbag light came on. There was a passenger in the seat. The passenger's weight is 165 pounds and approximately 5'6" tall. The light remained on for approximately4 minutes and only went off when the car was turned off. When the car was restarted the airbag light was off - as it should be. This is the second Nissan Pathfinder that has had this problem. Our 2013 Pathfinder was re-purchased by Nissan for this exact reason....updated 12/07/15

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Jun 142015

Driving down on Florida highway I-75. Ahead was a previous accident with debris in the road. Reduced speed to try to avoid most of the debris that was scattered along the 4 lanes. I happen to get a piece of debris impacting front tire and having it go underneath my car. As this occurred the ECU must have somehow detected a side collision but there was none that occurred and deployed all side airbags removing most of the headliner.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA