1.9

2001 Nissan Xterra electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Xterra:

2001 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Aug 052005

Xterra 6-cyl

There was no warning before the ignition wiring in my 2001 Nissan Xterra fried. The engine cut out while driving to enter the freeway. I was then told by the dealership where I purchased the vehicle that I was lucky that the Xterra didn't catch on fire and it fried because of an after market alarm, it doesn't have an after market alarm its the same as when I bought it, nine months prior. They are going to fix it but I have to pay for new ignition wire. I'm still wondering why the fuses didn't break like they were suppose to, preventing this whole situation from happening.

- Poway, CA, USA