- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 12 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 12 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
2008 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2008 has fewer reports of coolant leaking into and killing the transmission than years past, the problem still exists. And for that reason alone, this SUV is not worth your time.
Worst 2008 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems20NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 17
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- clutch problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 13
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.