- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2003 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Nissan Xterra doesn't seem to have any problem trends. The only thing prospective owners should be aware of are the less-than-perfect (but acceptable) crash test ratings.
There are a very few transmission complaints, but nothing like the huge defect that shows up starting in with the 2005 model year.
Worst 2003 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- transmission problems2
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- steering problemsNHTSA: 8
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.