- December 17: Nissan Agrees To Settle Delta Stroke Sensor Brake Defect Lawsuit
- December 11: Nissan Recalls Over 800,000 Cars, Minivans and SUVs
- November 28: NHTSA Closes Bosch Power Xpress 240V Investigation
- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
2003 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Nissan Xterra doesn't seem to have any problem trends. The only thing prospective owners should be aware of are the less-than-perfect (but acceptable) crash test ratings.
There are a very few transmission complaints, but nothing like the huge defect that shows up starting in with the 2005 model year.
Worst 2003 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- transmission problems2
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problemsNHTSA: 10
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.