- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 16 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 64 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 85 days ago
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems120NHTSA complaints: 14
- interior accessories problems15NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 96
- cooling system problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 118
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 201
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 20
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.