- May 18: Nissan Master Cylinder Investigation Closed With No Action
- May 18: Feds Look Into Coil Springs That Break in the Nissan Versa
- May 5: Nissan Altima Rusted Floorboards Get Attention in Lawsuit
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Airbag Explodes, Nissan Expands Airbag Recall
- April 14: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Filed in New York
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems98NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems15NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems9
- body / paint problems5
- cooling system problems4
- clutch problems2
- drivetrain problems2
- exhaust system problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- windows / windshield problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.