- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers
- November 3: Nissan Recalls Vehicles With Passenger Airbags That Fail
- October 28: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima For Gas Leaks
- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems116NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems15NHTSA complaints: 201
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 96
- cooling system problems6NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 118
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 20
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.