- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 9 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 10 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 19 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 36 days ago
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems138NHTSA complaints: 14
- engine problems18NHTSA complaints: 134
- interior accessories problems16NHTSA complaints: 4
- cooling system problems7NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 170
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 215
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 21
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 20
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.