- August 2: Nissan Recalls Cars With Bad Door Latches
- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 270,000 Cars That Can Suddenly Shut Down
- July 1: Nissan Recalls Murano and Rogue Select SUVs
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems101NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems15NHTSA complaints: 201
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 96
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- cooling system problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- clutch problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 118
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems1
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 20
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 13
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.