- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 29 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 32 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 45 days ago
- May 12: Mitsubishi: 'Improper Manipulation' of Fuel Consumption Rates news | 49 days ago
- May 5: Consumer Group: Don't Buy Nissan Pathfinder, Frontier or Xterra news | 56 days ago
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems130NHTSA complaints: 14
- interior accessories problems16NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems16NHTSA complaints: 121
- cooling system problems7NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 151
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 210
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 19
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 19
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.