- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 4: Nissan Recalls SUVs With Wheels That Could Fall Off
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems62NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems15NHTSA complaints: 185
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 60
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 67
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.