- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
- October 23: Mazda and Nissan Recall Vehicles With Exploding Air Bags
- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems73NHTSA complaints: 14
- fuel system problems15NHTSA complaints: 185
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 60
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- clutch problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 67
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.