- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
- January 20: Nissan Rogue Investigated For Airbags That Deploy Too Late
- January 17: Nissan Agrees to Repair Nissan Quest Gas Gauge Problems
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems83NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems15NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems7
- body / paint problems5
- clutch problems2
- cooling system problems2
- drivetrain problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.