- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2007 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2007 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems37NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problems13NHTSA complaints: 178
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 49
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 50
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 13
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 5
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.