- December 17: Nissan Agrees To Settle Delta Stroke Sensor Brake Defect Lawsuit
- December 11: Nissan Recalls Over 800,000 Cars, Minivans and SUVs
- November 28: NHTSA Closes Bosch Power Xpress 240V Investigation
- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
2004 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Nissan Xterra doesn't seem to have any problem trends. The only thing prospective owners should be aware of are the less-than-perfect (but acceptable) crash test ratings.
There are a very few transmission complaints, but nothing like the huge defect that shows up starting in with the 2005 model year.
Worst 2004 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 11
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 9
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 5
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.