- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
- March 6: Nissan Recalls 625,000 Altimas With Hoods That Could Fly Open
- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
2004 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Nissan Xterra doesn't seem to have any problem trends. The only thing prospective owners should be aware of are the less-than-perfect (but acceptable) crash test ratings.
There are a very few transmission complaints, but nothing like the huge defect that shows up starting in with the 2005 model year.
Worst 2004 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.