- May 31: Nissan Versa Lawsuit Alleges Coil Springs Break In Front Suspension
- May 30: Canada, Japan and Australia Impacted By Takata Airbags
- May 18: Nissan Master Cylinder Investigation Closed With No Action
- May 18: Feds Look Into Coil Springs That Break in the Nissan Versa
- May 5: Nissan Altima Rusted Floorboards Get Attention in Lawsuit
2004 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Nissan Xterra doesn't seem to have any problem trends. The only thing prospective owners should be aware of are the less-than-perfect (but acceptable) crash test ratings.
There are a very few transmission complaints, but nothing like the huge defect that shows up starting in with the 2005 model year.
Worst 2004 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.