- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 11 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 59 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 80 days ago
2004 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Nissan Xterra doesn't seem to have any problem trends. The only thing prospective owners should be aware of are the less-than-perfect (but acceptable) crash test ratings.
There are a very few transmission complaints, but nothing like the huge defect that shows up starting in with the 2005 model year.
Worst 2004 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems1
- lights problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 12
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 9
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 6
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.