- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
- October 23: Mazda and Nissan Recall Vehicles With Exploding Air Bags
- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
2004 Nissan Xterra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004 Nissan Xterra doesn't seem to have any problem trends. The only thing prospective owners should be aware of are the less-than-perfect (but acceptable) crash test ratings.
There are a very few transmission complaints, but nothing like the huge defect that shows up starting in with the 2005 model year.
Worst 2004 Xterra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 11
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 8
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.