9.5

$1,467.00
1,734,225 miles

1. replace head gasket (3 reports)
2002 Nissan Xterra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Xterra:

2002 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Oct 312012

Xterra Se 4x4 3.3L-V6

• 6,800,000 miles

Our car started making a knocking noise, water coming out the tail pipe, one of the rods are stuck, and the engine seems to be running ruff. Our mileage is very low considering it was bought in 2002, and it is about to turn into 2013. We are in a financial crisis and have hardly any income coming in to fix it. If other people are complaining about the same problem, why doesn't nissan send out recall notices on this situation? How many people need to report this before they will issue a recall? Help!!!!

- , Yucca Valley, CA, USA

Oct 212011

Xterra

This is second time the car overheated and I have blown a head gasket. The first time I was only at 41,000 miles when it overheated causing the gasket head to blow. That time it cost $1200.00. They can't tell what caused it to overheat in the first place. I have contacted Nissan mechanics but they could not ell me anything more than the mechanic at the garage who fixed my car.

- , Spokane, WA, USA

Aug 232008

Xterra

I really do not know why this happened at 41,000 miles. I only drive very short distances for my job.

- , Spokane, WA, USA

Jun 172007

Xterra XE V6

Is it really possible that a 5 year old car with low miles needs a new head gasket? How do I know if I'm getting ripped off? The problem was found on my 30,000 mile routine check.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA