- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 6 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 54 days ago
- May 29: Nissan Recalls 402,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 57 days ago
- May 16: South Korea Accuses Nissan of Cheating Emissions Tests news | 70 days ago
2005 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Xterra electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.