- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
- September 3: Nissan Recalls 300,000 Cars to Modify Console Plastic Trim
- September 3: Nissan Seeks Dismissal of Nissan Altima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit
- August 14: Nissan Recalls 2016 Maxima To Fix Fuel Sending Units
2005 Nissan Xterra
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2005 Xterra electrical Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Xterra Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Xterra compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Xterra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Xterra.