CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.

The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.

2.6

2007 Nissan Xterra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Xterra:

2007 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Dec 082014

Xterra

It has same problems as all the 02-08 Xterras but you wont issue recalls on fuel sensor, radiator leaking into tranny, air bag sensors, control arm. Thanks for letting loyal Nissan owners down!!!!

- Mulberry, IN, USA

Nov 012010

Xterra

The lower links and P/nos. This collar weld wasn't strong enough and it has separated and deteriorated, and could cause a possible vehicle crash. It makes noise at a low to high speed. I need my VIN # added to the recall list that is listed above with the other recalls for the Nissan Xterra.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 092012

Xterra 4WD 6-cyl

I have a 2007 Nissan Xterra 4X4 off road with a rear wheel drive. We need a recall regarding this vehicle before someone get killed due to the weak rear suspension that is not stable and causes all kinds of noise while driving on the highway and off. This is being reported to the department of transportation and I'm having it sent to my attorney in case of death of me and my family while riding in this truck. I see about 5 complaints so far and a number of other complaints regarding this vehicle so I can only believe that a recall will happen to prevent injury from this truck from over turning due to its unstable ride once miles are the suspension. How many complaints have to be received to take action on such dangerous vehicle. Thank you for your time and consideration of caring for innocent lives.

- Richmond, VA, USA