2008 Nissan Xterra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Xterra:

2008 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Dec 132009

Plastic tray that the battery sits on broke, causing the bar that holds the battery in place to arch over and set the plastic fuse holder on the battery to catch fire. The vehicle stalled the died. I saw what I thought was "steam" coming from under the hood. I popped to hood from inside and saw flames. I got out and tried to open the hood, which is very difficult since the latch is small and black. I got my grandkids out of the car and tried once more to open the hood. I finally got it opened and realized the battery was on fire. I poured the only liquid I had on it, "a&w cream soda" and put out the fire. It totally melted part of the battery and the battery connector. Amazing enough the vehicle started and I was able to drive home. Had I not been able to open the hood, the vehicle would have burnt to the ground all because of the cheap plastic battery holder broke.

- Livingston, TX, USA

Aug 152008

Some of the screws that hold the wind deflector and roof rack on the roof just spin.

- Wilmette, IL, USA