2008 Nissan Xterra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Xterra:

2008 Nissan Xterra Owner Comments

Jan 162015

• 1,202,166 miles

The air bag light blinks and horn does not work. I contacts Nissan America case # 21920897. Because vehicle out of warranty Nissan does not ant to cover any cost including the diagonist test that is a minimum charge of 300 dollars. The repair can only be made by nisan.

- Palmetto, FL, USA

Feb 142015

I currently have a 2008 Nissan Xterra with 146K miles. I took my car into sutherlin Nissan at the mall of Georgia as the service engine soon light was on and was told that the radiator was cracked and leaking fluid into the transmission that both would need to be replaced. The dealer informed me that the cost would be over $4K to replace both. I took it somewhere else and had the radiator replaced. However, I'm still experiencing problems with the transmission. I took it to a Korean shop votech where the owner vo is very familiar with all types of cards. I explained to vo what the issue was and he said that over 90% of the Nissan rear wheel drive trucks that come in have the same problem and that Nissan should be in a lawsuit or issuing a recall real soon on these vehicles. I'm a single mother of two and I'm unemployed, so of course I can't afford to pay $4K to replace a transmission. I have paid Nissan all of this money to purchase the vehicle and they are aware of this issue, then they should be held accountable for faulty parts in their vehicles regardless of how many miles are on the vehicle. I'm voicing my concern as a customer and I want people to know not to buy Nissan if they are not going to treat their customers unfairly

- Duluth, GA, USA