7.6

2. let car sit for 5 minutes (2 reports)
1992 Pontiac Grand Am engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1992 Pontiac Grand Am:

1992 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jul 092010

Grand Am 2.3L 4 cyl

Very distusted!!! The car will drive about 50 feet then stall. Don't know what is wrong with it!!!

- , Struthers, OH, USA

Oct 092009

Grand Am 2.3L

When driving my car seems to stall. I was told it was the fuel pump, I replaced that and still the problem continues, now I'm being told that it's time for a tune up. Can anyone help me and tell me the real problem

- , Englewood, CO, USA

Sep 182007

Grand Am

The motor mount bolts won't stay tight and the fan keeps putting holes in the radiator.

- , Shoshone, ID, USA

May 012003

Grand Am SE

It just started to stall my wife barely made it to work I had to have it towed home ican start it but I have to give it more gas to keep it running I thinks its the fuel filter or pump not sure really

- , Wilsonville, OR, USA

Jul 152007

Grand Am V6

well i thought it was my transmission at first cuz what it would do is right when i would start my car it would start reving up like i was hitting the gas pedal while in park and right when i would put it into gear it would stall and i would have to start it again, i think i may have fixed the problem though. i'll let you know if it makes a difference.

- , Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Jul 202006

Grand Am

It stalls while driving it and then will not start for a day or so

- , Plain City, OH, USA

Mar 192003

Grand Am SE

I will be driving a long and all of a sudden the car begins to shudder and then will cut off, I have replaced the coils, that was what I was told was wrong, well the car has started doing it again, It mainly does it when I get in traffic, somebody please help me, I have not the money nor time to keep putting into this car.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA

Apr 122003

Grand Am SE

i bought this quad4 and i had nothing but problems with it. its now wanting to stall out when i go to a red light for a long time. its just driving me insane, everyone tells me to get rid of it but i like it just want it to run right!

- , Rome, NY, USA

Apr 192003

Grand Am SE

I will let my car warm up for about 10 mins in the morning, then i will drive and about 5 miles down the road, i stop and it stalls. It stalls everytime i stop and only does it while in drive. When i take off again to drive, it just barely moves when you hit the gas. i don't know if this is an engine problem or not but it only does it when the car is heated up for a while. it is a real pain in the ass.

- , Flint, MI, USA

Mar 192002

Grand Am

Stalls due to low voltage. I bought the car used a few mounths ago with no warranty and I noticed the problem right after I bought it. When I drive for about 45 min straight the voltage gauge will drop from 16 to 13, and with all loads on and when I press the brakes, it will drop to about 8 and sometimes stall. I changed the alternator & that still didn't fix the problem.

- , Anchorage, AK, USA