- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2003 Pontiac Grand Am
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2003 Grand Am Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems49NHTSA complaints: 81
- cooling system problems47NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems26NHTSA complaints: 46
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 9
- AC / heater problems6
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 56
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 11
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 8
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 7
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Am Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Grand Am compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Am overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Am.