- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2003 Pontiac Grand Am
Worst 2003 Grand Am electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- passlock problem, won't start and security light is blinking22
- ticking in the dashboard15
- intermittently won't start5
- car shuts off when A/C or front defrost is on2
- car won't start; radio comes on but no dash lights1
- car would not start when hot1
- electronics fail while driving1
- p0443 kicking out but no visible issues1
- speaker failure1
- NHTSA: Electrical System48
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller14
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Rear Compartment/Trunk1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Am Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Grand Am compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Am overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Am.