- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2001 Pontiac Grand Am
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2001 Grand Am Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems166NHTSA complaints: 195
- engine problems60NHTSA complaints: 60
- cooling system problems59NHTSA complaints: 16
- windows / windshield problems15NHTSA complaints: 22
- transmission problems13NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems10NHTSA complaints: 36
- AC / heater problems7NHTSA complaints: 6
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- wheels / hubs problems6NHTSA complaints: 21
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 73
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 100
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 14
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 11
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 9
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Am Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Grand Am compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Am overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Am.