- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
1998 Pontiac Grand Am
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1998 Grand Am Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 30
- cooling system problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 34
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 45
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 24
- steering problemsNHTSA: 14
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Am Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Grand Am compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Am overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Am.