- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
1999 Pontiac Grand Am
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1999 Grand Am Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- cooling system problems56NHTSA complaints: 29
- electrical problems35NHTSA complaints: 127
- windows / windshield problems24NHTSA complaints: 75
- engine problems16NHTSA complaints: 115
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 23
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 53
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 269
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 100
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 70
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 23
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 48
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 43
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 79
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 114
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 31
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 29
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 9
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Am Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Grand Am compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Am overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Am.