- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2000 Pontiac Grand Am
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2000 Grand Am Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems90NHTSA complaints: 97
- cooling system problems34NHTSA complaints: 20
- engine problems33NHTSA complaints: 81
- AC / heater problems17NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems16NHTSA complaints: 35
- fuel system problems10NHTSA complaints: 53
- wheels / hubs problems10NHTSA complaints: 26
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 25
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 157
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 172
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 36
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 27
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 24
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Am Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Grand Am compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Am overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Am.