- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2004 Pontiac Grand Am
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2004 Grand Am Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems68NHTSA complaints: 72
- brakes problems13NHTSA complaints: 14
- windows / windshield problems12NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 27
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems8NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- exhaust system problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 47
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Am Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Grand Am compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Am overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Am.