- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
- February 13: GM Recalls 780,000 Cars After Reports of Deaths
2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2002 Grand Am Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems111NHTSA complaints: 100
- cooling system problems32NHTSA complaints: 5
- windows / windshield problems21NHTSA complaints: 22
- interior accessories problems20NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 51
- lights problems10NHTSA complaints: 88
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 39
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- transmission problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 18
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 14
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Pontiac Grand Am Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Grand Am compares to other years?
Check out our Pontiac Grand Am overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Am.