NHTSA — Electrical System: Wiring Problems Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2003 Pontiac Grand Am electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jul 262005

Grand Am 4-cyl

The turn signal relay randomly starts clicking, will not stop untill car is turned off. The relay has been replaced by the dealer once and it worked for 2 days, if I play with the turn signal stick on the steering column I can get it to stop, but as soon as I let go the clicking begins again

- Hastings, MI, USA

Jul 072003

Grand Am 6-cyl

I have a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT coupe that I bought new. It has been in the shop twice since may when I bought it. The problem was that Pontiac's lancing plant did not finish the car befor they put it out for sale. There were ground wires missing and some that were not connected or hooked up backwards. This caused several different problems including having the alternator and battery ruined. I called Pontiac to get the address of the plant that made the car so I could report the problem to them and was treated like I was stupid buy ean dunkin the person on the phone. They offered a smart care package plan for up to 12000 miles as compinsation for the inconvenience. I became upset by the way the man was talking to me and asked for a $1000 rebate and the service package. He told me he would have to call back. When he did he said no and withdrew the offer for the service package. I asked to speak to a supervisor and with in an hour I had a contact phone number and accepted the service package. I just got the letter and it says that it will take 8 weeks to process. By then I will have had two oil changes as it is due for another and the 12000 mile limit they put on will be almost over.

- Brillion, WI, USA