Floorboards Get Soaked After Rain And Using Heater

1996 Pontiac Grand Am miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Pontiac Grand Am:

1996 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Mar 012009

Grand Am

This problem started at the end of winter early 2009, after a rain and after using my heating/defrost system, my front passenger side floorboard became soaked. The water somehow managed to get to the passenger rear floorboard too. The problem went away during the spring and summer because I did not use the heating system or the broken AC system, and all the switches remained in the off positions for these systems. Just recently after using my heating system again because of cold weather, rain water is soaking my floorboards again, only this time the front driver's side floorboard is getting soaked too! It is not antifreeze! It is rain water! Because of the excess moisture in my car or due to the wet floorboards, my air bag light comes on occasionally. I have been told that this may be cause for worry as the air bag may deploy at any time! I have also been told that nothing will happen. I don't want to be driving down the road and have the air bag deploy unexpectedly, do I have a valid concern? And, how do I fix this water leak? Where is it coming from? If anyone can help me, please post some solutions! Thanx!

- , Wabash, IN, USA