Starts Up Then Shuts Off

6.7

1997 Pontiac Grand Am electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Pontiac Grand Am:

1997 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jun 072011

Grand Am SE 3.1L V6

pontiac GM is doing bad with these cars from one problem to a another, problems after problems too much fixing this grand am. Car starts them shuts off can anyone help with the problem. never again buying a GM

- , Huntington Park, 90255, USA

Jan 222010

Grand Am SE 2.4L

this is the second time i have had to get my car fixed for this problem. the first time i had to take it to the dealership and they had to switch out the tumbler because they said the anti-theft system was bad. my car is doing the whole "car stays on two seconds then shuts off" thing and the only light that stays on is the anti-theft light.

- , Stanfield, NC, USA

Jan 102010

Grand Am N/A 3.2L Twin Cam

My Damn 1997 Pontiac Grand AM wont start and I have no idea of whats wrong with it. I put my spare key in the switch... I dont have the original key... so, I turn the switch over, it starts up for a couple seconds, then it shuts off. I don't know how to fix it, without going to a mechanic shop and paying a lot of money.

- , Mechanicsville, MD, USA