Key Stuck In Ignition

1. new ignition (1 reports)
1998 Pontiac Grand Am accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Pontiac Grand Am:

1998 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jun 132008

Grand Am SE V6

The key would get stuck randomly and I would just have to sit there until I heard a click that let them free. So many people tried to help by telling me to put on the break and make sure the care was in park but it was definitely already in park I'm not that big of an idiot. They had to sit there for like 20 minutes before they decided to come out. From where it was so sporatic I had to get to placed 30 minutes in advance. The part that really sucked was if I got there early and the key easil came out. I was stuck there for forever because of my car!!

- , Portsmouth, OH, USA

Jun 012006

Grand Am

The ignition wont go from start to off and key is stuck in. This usually happens after driving the car for 15 minutes or longer. Have to let engine cool down in order to turn too the off position and release the key. What do I need to do to fix this problem???

- , Orange Park, FL, USA