Warning Lights Gone Haywire

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

8.0

1999 Pontiac Grand Am electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am:

1999 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

May 292007

Grand Am SE V6

as i drive off in my car, my brake light will come on when my brake handle is definitely not up. Then my ABS light comes on right after, following with TRAC OFF but TRAC OFF will disappear but ABS & BRAKE lights stay on.

CHANGE OIL light comes on like a month after getting an oil change AND resetting the damn thing. (and listening to that CHANGE OIL chime everytime i start the car makes me LoCo)

SECURITY light issues too, now it doesn't even work LOW COOLANT when its full but when it IS low on coolant, the damn light doesn't work for sh*t!!

When my battery needed to be replaced for the third time with in three years thank goodness for warranties;i mean on the battery, my trunk would open itself whenever i would jumpstart my battery to get it going to get it replaced.

Speedometer arrows go haywire all the time; sometimes even when i'm driving. Sucks ass too

Alarm doesn't alarm when i press the button, the buttons on my power windows (except the one on the front passenger) dont work either

Button to lock my doors on the inside only lock one, maybe two (if im lucky) doors; never the same one or two.

My electrical system in my Pontiac is retarded.

- , Hanford, CA, USA