Airbags Did Not Deploy On Front Impact

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

$10,300.00

1999 Pontiac Grand Am seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Pontiac Grand Am:

1999 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Sep 232002

Grand Am V6

I hit a stop sign head on at 70 mph. Went in and out of 2 ditches. and then flipped end over end 10 times. Driver or Passenger Air bags did not deploy. 4 passengers were ejected from the vehicle. I was left in the driver seat.

I cracked 2 ribs and punctured my left lung due to impact on the steering wheel. The car was a Total Loss.

I called GM to inquire about the airbags. I was told that I needed to hit a sensor in order for them to deploy. I told them that unless it was under the seats. I was sure I had. Was told. I must not have or they would have come out.

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA