NHTSA — Service Brakes, Air: Disc: Rotor Problems Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2001 Pontiac Grand Am brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am:

2001 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Aug 082003

Grand Am 6-cyl

My car shakes violently when braking. I have had the brakes replaced 4 times since buying it and haven't felt safe driving it since about the third day after I bought it. I am not driving it wrong, as the mechanics say. There is no reason you should hve to have the brakes done 4 times before 60,000 miles (rotors twice, once I wouldn't let them since it had just been done and was out of warranty). I wonder how long you will let this continue before someone gets killed. I will be watching for that complaint.

- Germantown, MD, USA