Parking Brake Stuck Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2002 Pontiac Grand Am brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Sep 062007

Grand Am 3.2L V6

I live in an apartment complex that doesn't exactly have the most level of parking lots. I had to park my car on an incline one winter night and engaged the parking brake just to make sure it wouldn't roll. I got in my car the following morning and when I disengaged the parking break the car didn't register that it was off. So I tried to engage it and then once again release it. This didn't work. When I had a friend take a look at it he said that the parking break was stuck in a position that caused the sensor to say it wasn't released but not fully engaged. He told me the only way to fix it was to replace the parking break. Which I figure is going to be a pricey en devour. Once again I only had the car for about 4 or 5 months when this happened.

- , Newport News, VA, USA