Cooling Pump Failure

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

8.0

1. replace cooling pump (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Am cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Feb 232008

Grand Am GT 3.4L, V6

This is my second complaint. Already had the intake manifold gasket replaced two years ago. The low coolant light kept coming on, so I would refill it, probably about once a week. But I could smell the coolant burning off, which told me there was another leak somewhere and at this point, I was very sick of dealing with this problem. I knew it wouldn't be a cheap fix. The leak ended up spraying onto my battery AGAIN, but this time (I took my car to a different service shop this time) I was told it was the cooling pump. So I had that replaced. That was three months ago and my low coolant light just came on again! This is ridiculous. Good luck to everyone else! I will never buy a Pontiac again, especially after reading about all the cooling system problems.

- , Chesapeake, VA, USA