NHTSA — Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood Problems Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2002 Pontiac Grand Am electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Feb 192005

Grand Am 6-cyl

As I was driving my Pontiac Grand Am (2002) the engine out of the blue started on fire as I was driving. It was the first time in the day using my car and I drove about three miles at 30 mph to a shopping plaza. As I was looking for a parking place at 5-10 mph a man ran up to my car and told me to get out of the car because it was on fire. The fire appeared to start in the back of the engine. I parked the car and it was on fire about 15 min until fire trucks came. The car was very well maintained and in very good condition. There was a defect in the car to make it start on fire out of the blue. GM will not take responsiblity for this and I am out of 14,000. This incident put me and my 14 month old sons life in danger. Please look into this issue.

- West Allis, WI, USA