Power Steering Rack Was Gone Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2. replace steering rack and power steering pump (1 reports)
2002 Pontiac Grand Am steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am:

2002 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Jun 302013

Grand Am SE 3.4L

We drove the car in city, when making U-turn, the steering power lost, we found the steering rack leaking, after replacing the steering rack, said it needs to replace the steering pump. it really bothered us, I will consider not to buy Pontiac any more.

- , winkler, Manitoba, canada

Mar 212011

Grand Am GT 3.6L

I was simply driving on the express way and I heard a popping noise then came to a curve in the highway and my steering wheel wouldn't move at all

- , Harrison, MI, USA

Oct 052004

Grand Am

This is the second Pontiac Grand Am GT I have owned I previously owned a 1999 which lost the steering rack with 36,000 miles and when I traded that car at 42,000 miles it was gone again. I just brought my 2002 Grand AM GT in and this steering rack was also gone. I was over my regular warranty so I had to pay the deductible on the extended warranty. But this should not happen at 42,000 miles. I will not buy another one!!!!!

- , West Bath, ME, USA