Blower Fan Doesn't Work On All Settings Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

2. replaced resistor (2 reports)
2003 Pontiac Grand Am AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Pontiac Grand Am:

2003 Pontiac Grand Am Owner Comments

Oct 032013

Grand Am ES 3.4L V6

The p code is p0443 saying it is electrical but I can't find any breaks or frays anywhere in the brown wire it says is the problem. when jumped the high side works. but using the a/c the low side still doesn't work. I just paid 150 to diagnose and fix and nothing is fixed. All I got was a new temp. sensor. Anyone have suggestions?

- , Richmond, IN, USA

Mar 012012

Grand Am SE 2.2L 4-cyl

A few Google searches showed me what the problem was; then all I had to do was order the part (it wasn't exorbitant if I remember correctly) and follow a tutorial to fix it. This was a bit of a difficult fix - I'm a normal-sized guy, and not particularly car-savvy; it was tough to contort my body in such a way as to get to the part I needed to replace. But, in the end, I was glad I fixed this myself instead of taking it to the shop and spending $200.

- , Wilmore, KY, USA

Dec 102005

Grand Am GT 3.4L

Blower fan stopped working on the 2 lowest settings. Replaced Resistor. Problem solved

- , Aurora, Ontario, canada

Nov 242007

Grand Am GT SC/T 3.4L

I was driving to the store with the fan control on 2 in the defrost/heater mode. Came out started up the car, drove away and noticed that i had no heat.So i pull over and the fan was off in 2.I get home and restart the car and nothing!!.1,2,3,4 fan control settings were shot!! WTF!! I never saw it coming. Almost the same thing that happened to my '99 grand am gt.. and a buddy who had a 2000. I figured it was a recall, so i look it up and of course it's not... what a piss off!! I hope it's just the control and nothing else!! It's too damn bad im out of warranty. Im sure this has happened to a LOT of people. So this problem seems unavoidable.

- , Calgary, Alberta, Canada